Manchester United's three worst players against Atalanta
Manchester United fought back to scrape a draw against Atalanta thanks to two impressive equalisers from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo’s two goals were memorable, but United have plenty to fix if we are to be competitive if we reach the knockout stages.
Along with Ronaldo, Eric Bailly and Bruno Fernandes made our trio of best players from the game.
But it was also a disappointing night, with United’s going behind twice and struggling to create chances until the goals.
Here is a look at three particularly disappointing players…
Paul Pogba put in a performance of a player who looked like his mind was elsewhere.
He was unfocused and out of tune with his teammates, struggling to connect with passes, and nearly giving a goal away when dispossessed on the edge of the box.
Pogba completed only 80 per cent of his passes, a very low total by his standards, and lost three out of five duels.
He was fortunate to last as long as he did, and it was a relief when he was substituted on 67 minutes.
While Eric Bailly was fantastic, Harry Maguire looked like a liability out there.
Time and time again he was caught out of position, and managed to play Duvan Zapata onside for Atalanta’s second goal.
This was not a performance of a £80 million defender and Maguire needs to sort himself out. Once Raphael Varane went off injured he looked lost.
On this evidence, United’s top defensive partnership should be Varane and Bailly.
Considering the money United spent on Maguire and Pogba, their performances were seriously disappointing.
David de Gea
It hurts to include him here as he has been fantastic this season up until now, but David de Gea had a poor game.
De Gea let Josip Ilicic’s early strike squirm under him and it was a shot he should have saved.
For the second goal he was way too slow off his line, and combine that with a hesitant and slow Maguire and it is a recipe for disaster.
- Amad sends emotional message after finally landing cup winner's medal
- A look at the last 8 Dutch managers to have managed in the Premier League following Ten Hag's arrival
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag
- De Gea and McTominay lead reaction as Manchester United goalkeeper celebrates reaching Wembley
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled