While the less said about the defending the better, Manchester United produced a scintillating attacking performance against Bournemouth.
United scored five goals and it could easily have been more. Even if you have seen the game and the highlights, you will want to watch all over again.
There were some really impressive individual performances. Here is a look at who really stood out…
Bruno Fernandes just does not let up. He scored an impressive free-kick to round off United’s scoring, the first set piece he has scored for the club.
Fernandes getting on the scoresheet is now a regular sight. This was his seventh goal.
He provided two first half assists too to tip the game back in United’s favour after going a goal behind. He has six in total.
Fernandes created five chances in total, and was unlucky not to end up with more assists.
Across the game he managed 90 touches, and as Bournemouth found out, any team which allows Fernandes to get on the ball that much against them is going to be in big trouble.
Mason Greenwood has stepped up over the past week and shone brighter than both Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial.
He netted two goals against Bournemouth to take his tally to 15 for the season. He could join Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford on 20 before the campaign is over.
Greenwood scored with his first two shots at goal, and did so in lethal fashion, unleashed unstoppable strikes which gave Aaron Ramsdale no chance.
Both of his goals came at crucial times, as United were searching for an equaliser, and in the second half, just as Bournemouth were pushing their way back into the game.
At just 18, Greenwood will be due a rest soon, but he is making it impossible for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to leave him out.
Paul Pogba continues to impress for United even though it is Fernandes who grabs the headlines.
This was a disciplined performance from the Frenchman, who is happy to play a deeper role and pick his passes.
He created three chances, second only to Fernandes, and nearly scored a goal himself with a late free-kick.
Pogba won four aerial duels, made two interceptions and two clearances, as he showed the hard working side to his game which often goes unappreciated.
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v FC Copenhagen
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?
- Reaction to report Tahith Chong loan could be two-years long
- Manchester United may have played a masterstroke over Chris Smalling
- Martial and Rashford are teammates, not rivals
- Manchester United are on a collision course with Inter Milan