Manchester United’s new kit designs for the 2021/22 season have been leaked.
Footy Headlines, a website with a track record of reporting first on new kits, released the images over the weekend.
The website adds these shirts ‘are not 100 per cent’ the finished product.
We know that anyway, because the design of United’s new sponsors, TeamViewer, still needs to be applied.
The second, blue and white shirt, is labelled the ‘away kit’, although it is still possible it could be the third shirt, with an away design yet to come.
United’s away kit this season is black, and the zebra-striped black and white shirt the third kit.
It is an interesting design choice for the home shirt to have both the badge and kit manufacturer logo central.
This is kind of let down for consistency reasons by the same design not being applicable on the away shirt – although there is a lot going on with the colours and perhaps that just did not look as effective.
It did not take long for somebody to mock up how the home kit may look with a player wearing, with the design super-imposed onto an image of Paul Pogba.
Whether Paul Pogba ever wears the shirt is another matter. His contract is up in 2022 and he could be sold this summer before he even gets a chance to wear it.
One player who might fancy wearing the new kit is Leicester City’s James Maddison.
Maddison ‘liked’ an image of the two United kits on Twitter. He’s under a long-term contract with Leicester and will probably not be a target this summer, but it’s always nice to see a talented player’s admiration for the club.
When will the kit be released?
The new home kit will be released in July. United may even have a new signing to unveil it with by then.
Next season’s Premier League campaign kicks off on the weekend of August 14.
These kits may see some tweaks before then, but conceptually, it appears these are the designs we should expect to see the United players competing in for the 2021/22 campaign.
- Goalkeepers who have scored for Manchester United
- Anthony Martial returns to first team training
- Three early questions for Manchester United ahead of Europa League final
- Three relegated players Manchester United could try to sign
- Three questions for Manchester United ahead of Fulham game
- Fred sends message after winning first Brazil call since 2018
- It is now clear how important Harry Maguire is for Manchester United
- Why Manchester United should keep James Garner close to home after claims of possible foreign loan
- Manchester United should let Charlie McNeill train with Edinson Cavani while he can
- Sulemana link following James, Amad and Pellistri signings shows how highly Solskjaer rates pace at United