Manchester United’s new kit designs for the 2021/22 season have been leaked.
Footy Headlines, a website with a track record of reporting first on new kits, released the images over the weekend.
The website adds these shirts ‘are not 100 per cent’ the finished product.
We know that anyway, because the design of United’s new sponsors, TeamViewer, still needs to be applied.
The second, blue and white shirt, is labelled the ‘away kit’, although it is still possible it could be the third shirt, with an away design yet to come.
United’s away kit this season is black, and the zebra-striped black and white shirt the third kit.
It is an interesting design choice for the home shirt to have both the badge and kit manufacturer logo central.
This is kind of let down for consistency reasons by the same design not being applicable on the away shirt – although there is a lot going on with the colours and perhaps that just did not look as effective.
It did not take long for somebody to mock up how the home kit may look with a player wearing, with the design super-imposed onto an image of Paul Pogba.
Whether Paul Pogba ever wears the shirt is another matter. His contract is up in 2022 and he could be sold this summer before he even gets a chance to wear it.
One player who might fancy wearing the new kit is Leicester City’s James Maddison.
Maddison ‘liked’ an image of the two United kits on Twitter. He’s under a long-term contract with Leicester and will probably not be a target this summer, but it’s always nice to see a talented player’s admiration for the club.
When will the kit be released?
The new home kit will be released in July. United may even have a new signing to unveil it with by then.
Next season’s Premier League campaign kicks off on the weekend of August 14.
These kits may see some tweaks before then, but conceptually, it appears these are the designs we should expect to see the United players competing in for the 2021/22 campaign.
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap