Manchester United’s first offer for Jadon Sancho has been turned down by Borussia Dortmund, report BBC Sport.
United’s offer is said to be £10 million below Dortmund’s valuation plus bonuses.
One other reason the deal has been knocked back is United’s plan to split the fee over five years.
Dortmund are said to be willing to accept it being paid over four years but not five. United are said to be ‘considering whether to revise their offer’.
Has Jadon Sancho signed for manchester united? Not yet… these details can be ironed out
It really does feel like United are close. These are very simple differences to iron out.
If the first bid was to find out Dortmund’s position, United now know. The gap in valuation and payment structure should be acceptable to United.
To botch this now would be bizarre and this feels like previous successful United transfer sagas.
United and Ajax were a little apart on the Donny van de Beek price before reaching an agreement, and the negotiations with Sporting were even more protracted before a deal was finally done.
There should be confidence this deal for Sancho is completed, and it could even be before England’s game with Croatia on Sunday at Euro 2020.
After a long wait which amounted to nothing last summer, it would be fantastic for United to get this deal wrapped up early, so we can move onto other transfer targets.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United
- Manchester United set to resume training