Manchester United’s first offer for Jadon Sancho has been turned down by Borussia Dortmund, report BBC Sport.
United’s offer is said to be £10 million below Dortmund’s valuation plus bonuses.
One other reason the deal has been knocked back is United’s plan to split the fee over five years.
Dortmund are said to be willing to accept it being paid over four years but not five. United are said to be ‘considering whether to revise their offer’.
Has Jadon Sancho signed for manchester united? Not yet… these details can be ironed out
It really does feel like United are close. These are very simple differences to iron out.
If the first bid was to find out Dortmund’s position, United now know. The gap in valuation and payment structure should be acceptable to United.
To botch this now would be bizarre and this feels like previous successful United transfer sagas.
United and Ajax were a little apart on the Donny van de Beek price before reaching an agreement, and the negotiations with Sporting were even more protracted before a deal was finally done.
There should be confidence this deal for Sancho is completed, and it could even be before England’s game with Croatia on Sunday at Euro 2020.
After a long wait which amounted to nothing last summer, it would be fantastic for United to get this deal wrapped up early, so we can move onto other transfer targets.
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance
- Pogba and Fernandes embrace at end of France and Portugal draw
- Paul Pogba produces another masterclass as France draw with Portugal
- Anthony Elanga’s rave reviews set him up perfectly for 2021/22
- Jadon Sancho agreement likely ‘in days’ – report
- Neville hails Harry Maguire’s ‘dominant’ performance in England win
- How Paul Pogba’s salary compares to France international teammates
- Manchester United’s seven best under-18 players from the 20/21 season
- Jose Mourinho still finds a way to criticise Luke Shaw’s England performance
- Who is reported Manchester United target Kacper Kozlowski?