Manchester United train ahead of crunch Atalanta Champions League clash
Manchester United will be targeting a return to winning ways on Wednesday night when they welcome Italian side Atalanta to Old Trafford.
Gian Piero Gasperini’s side sit top of Group F with four points going into the third matchday.
Unlike Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, the Bergamo-based club come into the clash off the back of a win at the weekend.
The Red Devils have trained today ahead of the crunch clash which is the second massive fixture of the week following the defeat to Leicester on Saturday and with Liverpool to come on Sunday.
The likes of Paul Pogba, Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford were all smiles ahead of the big game.
Edinson Cavani and Fred were back in training as was Anthony Martial, but Solskjaer revealed the game against Atalanta has come too soon for the Frenchman.
After the last-gasp win against Villarreal, United haven’t won in their last three and will be itching to silence the critics in a ‘dare not lose’ match.
Ronaldo who hasn’t scored in his last three United games will be hoping to maintain his 100% scoring rate in this season’s Champions League.
Victory against Atalanta will set United up nicely for the last three remaining games in the group.
Anything other than the three points will only add to the pressure Solskjaer and his coaching staff are coming under.
- £69m fee outrageously overpriced and Manchester United must consider alternatives
- Photo: Leaked picture of Manchester United's 2022/23 away kit emerges
- Manchester United wonderkid could be Ten Hag's incredible future Eriksen successor
- Cristiano Ronaldo may have just played a masterstroke over imminent £69m Manchester United move
- 'Principle agreement': Manchester United could solve problem as surprise £10m talks held