Solskjaer rules Martial out of Atalanta clash
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given an injury update ahead of Manchester United’s clash with Atalanta.
Anthony Martial missed Saturday’s clash with Leicester after returning injured from international duty.
Solskjaer says Martial will again miss out here, but Harry Maguire is available.
Maguire was rushed back against his former club but struggled badly due to an obvious rustyness.
“Anthony joined in training today but he’s still not fit enough to join us [for the match],” Solskjaer told the club website.
“Harry’s not had any reaction so he’s fine and good to go. We didn’t lose anyone else from the game through injury at the weekend, so we’re, more or less, a full squad.
“Raphael [Varane] is still not with us but Edinson [Cavani] and Fred are back available which is good for us.”
Cavani and Fred missed the Leicester game because of their international exploits.
With a larger number of substitutes allowed in the Champions League, it is likely both players will be on the bench at Old Trafford at the very least.
Both players work exceptionally hard and it might be the case that Solskjaer decides to recall them because of their workrate.
Solskjaer needs a response after a poor performance at Leicester amid a patchy run of form.
His comments suggest he is planning to use Maguire again despite his struggles on Saturday.
- Deal close: Manchester United hope to finalise £69m De Jong move by end of the week
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked