We can talk about football again. While the Super League was collapsing last night, there was a match being played in Northern Ireland.
Manchester United youngster Jacob Carney helped Portadown to a 2-1 league victory over Larne.
It was their third win in four games and lifts them into ninth place.
Carney was voted as man of the match after an impressive performance to help his side gain all three points.
The Manchester United goalkeeper turned 20 today, and so his last match as a teenager ended pretty well.
This is Carney’s third spell out on loan, having played previously at two English non-league sides.
It is great that United are giving the young goalkeeper a chance to go out and get experience, and he is rising to the challenge.
Carney may get a chance out on loan in the Football League in England next season. There will be no shortage of suitors, he is rising to every challenge put before him.
Portadown’s fans praised his display, making clear they are very impressed with the Manchester United loanee…
Phenomenal performance.— I’m not really here (@HereReallyNotIm) April 20, 2021
The most deserving of recipients. Well done Jacob— Alastair Kerr (@nononsensepunk) April 20, 2021
Super keeper with a bright future 👏— Kyle Matchett (@kylematchett) April 21, 2021
- Paul Pogba blames the heat for France’s disappointing Euro 2020 performance against Hungary
- Academy talent Johan Guadagno doing extra training in off-season
- Dan James helps Wales reach last 16 at Euro 2020
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing