Kamaldeen Sulemana is again being linked with Manchester United.
Ajax are favourites for Sulemana. De Telegraaf report Sulemana is currently in the Netherlands and the Dutch champions are prepared to conduct a medical as soon as he gives them the green light.
Ajax have a 15 million agreement with FC Nordsjaelland. But the De Telegraaf report notes the deal could still fall apart even at this late stage if Sulemana’s head is swayed. Agent fees are also holding up the deal, Voetball International report.
Voetball Primeur report ‘Manchester United are lurking’ as Ajax’s Sulemana discussions enter a late phase.
These reports popped up after an article from Danish newspaper Ekstrabladet assessing the situation.
United are said to be in the race but taking a backseat until after the Euros are over. It is then that United will turn attention to potential rising stars.
Ajax are looking to take advantage of this by wrapping up a deal for Sulemana now. They are just waiting for the go ahead from the player and his agent.
It’s very likely United’s name is being used here to put pressure on Ajax to offer higher personal terms and agent fees, or Sulemana’s camp are simply delaying in case late movement arises from Manchester.
Kamaldeen Sulemana: Player profile
- Kamaldeen Sulemana plays for Danish side FC Nordsjælland
He is under contract until 2025
- Sulemana has already been capped twice by Ghana’s national team
He made his international debut at the end of 2020
- The speedy attacker plays on the left wing
This season he has netted nine goals and provided six assists
Ajax seems like a smarter move for him
If Sulemana believes in himself and wants to make the move to Manchester United right away, fair play to him. But it is hard to see a path for regular football for him.
Jadon Sancho’s arrival will make it five players competing for three attacking places. He will join Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, and Edinson Cavani.
Behind that there is Amad, Dan James and Anthony Elanga. While possible the latter could head out on loan, next year it will look pretty crowded, with Facundo Pellistri a year better off in his development.
If Sulemana is a special talent then he will make it, but you can’t help but feel that the logical step for him is to join Ajax, where he will get more regular playing time. We expect he ends up joining the Dutch side, but until a deal is sealed, this is one just to keep an eye on, without raised expectations.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad