Harry Maguire was asked about David de Gea and Victor Lindelof after Manchester United’s 1-0 win at Norwich.
Maguire’s central defensive partner Lindelof was taken off in the second half after going down without anyone around him.
The England international confirmed that Lindelof was in the changing room and looking ‘fine’ while United wait for more details.
There was also praise for de Gea, who produced three top saves to keep United’s clean sheet, their second in two league games under Ralf Rangnick.
“He’s in the changing room,” said Maguire when asked about why Lindelof came off.
“I don’t know too much detail, you’re probably going to find out more over the next few days but he seems fine in there and obviously we all wish him well.”
He was also asked about David de Gea, who won man of the match, and said: “We’ve been really disappointed with our defensive record this season – conceding too many goals and not keeping enough clean sheets – and David pulled off two or three big saves there.
“Top saves from a top keeper and we’re sure he’ll enjoy that clean sheet.”
Maguire also admitted that United need to improve their level of performance to get to where they need to go and it is hard to argue with that.
It was not a good performance but it is positive to hear a good early prognosis on Lindelof at a time when United of course still have Raphael Varane sidelined too.
On Lindelof, Ralf Rangnick added in an interview with Sky Sports: “He had a collision. He can’t even remember what it was but he was struggling to breathe and felt pain on his chest.
“But they checked him, they did all the tests and everything seems to be okay.”
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player