Maguire and Rangnick offer injury update on Lindelof after 1-0 Norwich victory
Harry Maguire was asked about David de Gea and Victor Lindelof after Manchester United’s 1-0 win at Norwich.
Maguire’s central defensive partner Lindelof was taken off in the second half after going down without anyone around him.
The England international confirmed that Lindelof was in the changing room and looking ‘fine’ while United wait for more details.
There was also praise for de Gea, who produced three top saves to keep United’s clean sheet, their second in two league games under Ralf Rangnick.
“He’s in the changing room,” said Maguire when asked about why Lindelof came off.
“I don’t know too much detail, you’re probably going to find out more over the next few days but he seems fine in there and obviously we all wish him well.”
He was also asked about David de Gea, who won man of the match, and said: “We’ve been really disappointed with our defensive record this season – conceding too many goals and not keeping enough clean sheets – and David pulled off two or three big saves there.
“Top saves from a top keeper and we’re sure he’ll enjoy that clean sheet.”
Maguire also admitted that United need to improve their level of performance to get to where they need to go and it is hard to argue with that.
It was not a good performance but it is positive to hear a good early prognosis on Lindelof at a time when United of course still have Raphael Varane sidelined too.
On Lindelof, Ralf Rangnick added in an interview with Sky Sports: “He had a collision. He can’t even remember what it was but he was struggling to breathe and felt pain on his chest.
“But they checked him, they did all the tests and everything seems to be okay.”
- Manchester United wonderkid could be Ten Hag's incredible future Eriksen successor
- Cristiano Ronaldo may have just played a masterstroke over imminent £69m Manchester United move
- 'Principle agreement': Manchester United could solve problem as surprise £10m talks held
- Now Manchester United could sign Erik ten Hag's most reliable player after De Jong move
- Star set to complete Manchester United move once £5m bonus dispute with club is sorted: Report