There is mixed news on the injury front for Manchester United.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed via the club website that left-back Luke Shaw is ready to return, and could feature in Saturday’s friendly match.
Solskjaer said: “For me, Luke is looking really good in training. He has come back, looking strong, and will play in the friendly against Villa,
Shaw got injured at the start of July against Southampton and missed both the FA Cup and Europa League semi-finals.
He is still regarded as United’s first choice left-back and is could end up starting the Premier League season.
Not so positive on Tuanzebe
Axel Tuanzebe, who has been out since the start of June after getting injured in training, is still not ready to return.
“Axel is getting closer as well. In a few weeks’ time, I guess he will be with us training full-time and hopefully we’ll be able to give him games quickly.“
Tuanzebe sadly does not have a first team appearance to his name in 2020.
He got injured in October, returned in December and picked up another injury in the Carabao Cup, before returning to training before the season went into lockdown.
He then suffered another injury in training, which Solskjaer explained led to an operation on his foot, via the official website.
At the time, the manager said: “He’ll be back early Septemberish.”
It now looks likely he will only be back after the international break in October.
With the hope he will not suffer a recurrence of the problem, United are right to give him the time he needs.
Manchester United fixtures after the international break
- Newcastle United (A)
October 17 – 3pm
- PSG (A)
October 20 – 8pm
- Chelsea (H)
October 24 – 5.30pm
- RB Leipzig (H)
October 28 – 8pm
- Arsenal (H)
November 1 – 6.30pm
- Istanbul Basaksehir (A)
November 4- 5.55pm
- Everton (A)
November 7 – 3pm
- Maguire and Lindelof share the same view on United’s draw with Chelsea
- Manchester United fans praise Victor Lindelof’s performance
- Solskjaer hails ‘different’ Cavani but mourns lack of fans at Manchester United games
- Manchester United fans react to Edinson Cavani’s debut performance
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw 0-0 with Chelsea
- Manchester United’s three best players in draw against Chelsea
- Charlie McNeill scores brace on competitive under-18s debut as Noam Emeran shines
- Joel Pereira’s latest loan spell is doing him no favours so far
- Manchester United’s three best players in U23 win over Everton