Lindelöf sends brilliant message comparing Rashford to Ronaldo
Marcus Rashford finally showed why he keeps getting to take free-kicks for Manchester United.
If you groaned when he stepped up to take his late effort at Stamford Bridge, you won’t have been the only one.
That’s what made his stunning striker for the winner so special.
Rashford lashed the ball over the wall and dipping into the top corner, giving Chelsea’s goalkeeper no chance. It was worthy of the winner in any game.
The strike saw United teammate Victor Lindelöf compare his technique and success to Cristiano Ronaldo, with a brilliant message on Twitter.
David de Gea, rested for the game, sent a brief message after Rashford’s goal. He has probably seen him do it past him in training a few times.
Rashford’s free-kick has earned him the right to try a few more. He was probably beginning to run out of chances.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s rate was and still is very hit and miss. When he gets it right, the results are spectacular.
This one wasn’t quite as good as Ronaldo’s famous set piece against Portsmouth in his United pomp, but it was a special strike in it’s own right.
The goal booked United a place in the Carabao Cup last eight, with the draw set to be made on Thursday morning.
- Manchester United eye cut-price move for £32m Champions League winner to partner De Jong
- 17-goal wonderkid, La Masia graduate: 3 FA Youth Cup winners Man Utd should loan out this summer
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'
- Long-serving Manchester United academy coach set to leave as behind the scenes changes continue