While Andreas Pereira’s Lazio managed to outlast Manchester United in the Champions League by reaching the last 16, they are now out of European competition.
Pereira will be watching on keenly as United attempt to win a semi-final under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for the first time, taking on Roma.
Roma are bitter rivals of Pereira’s Lazio, and the United loanee has sent a message of support ahead of tonight’s first leg.
Pereira’s message will help endear him to Lazio fans, and that could be a positive for United.
The Brazilian midfielder does not appear to have a future at United, after being cast aside by Solskjaer as soon as Bruno Fernandes arrived, and the Red Devils are a better team for it.
Nonetheless Pereira came through United’s academy and knows what a trophy win will mean to the club at present, and he is clearly backing the Red Devils to win the competition.
How is Pereira getting on at Lazio?
When Pereira signed for Lazio, he was signed as a back-up to attacking midfielder Luis Alberto.
He has found it tough to hold down a regular place in the side, starting a paltry three Serie A games.
He has featured 19 times as a substitute, so while he is clearly valued a squad player, he just has not done enough probably to earn a permanent switch.
Pereira has three assists and one goal from 29 total appearances.
He is yet to face Roma, and will be hoping to play a part when the two teams face off in May.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad