James Garner put in another impressive performance as Manchester United’s under-23s won again.
Garner scored United’s second goal in a 2-0 win over Reading, following an opener from D’Mani Mellor.
Attention had been on Garner ahead of the game after an impressive couple of games to start the season.
He now has four goals in three games from central midfield.
One came against Rotherham in the EFL Trophy and two against West Brom.
We said earlier this week how his eye catching early season form will start to put pressure on the first team.
Garner, 18, scored for United in pre-season against Perth Glory with his first touch, and made his competitive debut last season.
An opportunity won’t be far off, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a keen admirer along with Michael Carrick.
United’s midfield needs depth and Garner, along with youngster Dylan Levitt, could both get to have a say.
Garner is starting the season like a player possessed and its great to see.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Garner’s performance…
- Ralf Rangnick’s fingerprints all over potential Manchester United exit
- Manchester United transfer target wins club’s player of the season
- Alejandro Garnacho hears the words he has been waiting for, it should be third time lucky
- Bruno Fernandes and Benni McCarthy react as goalkeeper leaves Manchester United
- Manchester United path to sign Moises Caicedo looks more difficult than ever
- Juventus set to make last-ditch attempt to keep Manchester United transfer target
- Donny van de Beek makes decision on his future, per Fabrizio Romano
- £35m Manchester United target advised to switch to La Liga instead