Jadon Sancho is still waiting for his first goal or assist in a Manchester United shirt since making his summer move.
The underlying numbers suggest it won’t be long before he gets off the mark.
Among the league’s best
If his performances are not proving to be eye-catching so far, trust that Sancho is on his way to getting it right.
According to FBRef.com, Sancho ranks sixth best in the Premier League when it comes to ‘Shot Creating Actions per 90’.
A ‘Shot Creating Action’ is defined as either a dribble or a pass by the player which directly leads to his team taking a shot at goal.
Sancho ranks numbers one in United’s squad on a per 90 basis and sixth best in the Premier League.
The former Dortmund winger makes 5.34 Shot Creating Actions per 90, just ahead of Bruno Fernandes (5.19) who ranks seventh in the Premier League.
Wolves’ Adama Traore ranks number one with 6.89, followed by Trent Alexander-Arnold (6.60), Mohamed Salah (5.43), Harvey Elliott (5.40) and Jack Grealish (5.38).
Sancho is making an impact even if he has not directly contributed to a goal so far this season.
Against Everton after he came on, Sancho created two chances, joint highest among United players all day.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer raved about Sancho after the Villarreal game – of which the FBRef.com Shot Creating Actions statistics do not include, as they are Premier League only.
Solskjaer told his press conference last week: “Jadon was exceptional, he was electric, the crowd loved him.
“I think he felt that connection with the crowd and that’s what we want from him. Direct, positive, went past [Juan] Foyth numerous times. Yeah, he’s not scored yet but I thought that night: ‘I hope we see more of that’.”
Sancho is on his way to making his mark. Stay patient, the numbers back up what we want to see. As he gets more and more opportunities, Sancho will start to deliver.
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea
- German football expert predicts that Sancho will be perfect for Rangnick
- Thomas Tuchel gives his verdict on Ralf Rangnick managing United
- Jurgen Klopp gives his verdict on Manchester United hiring Ralf Rangnick
- Tuchel issues fitness update ahead of Chelsea’s clash against United