Manchester United are reeling from a woeful 4-2 defeat at Leicester City.
United actually led the game 1-0, and then even pulled the game back to 2-2 in the 82nd minute.
Then more farcical defending saw United concede two late goals and lose the game.
It was United’s first away defeat in the league since January 2020, but it felt like this result was coming.
The side have gained just one point from the last three Premier League games.
Former United star Norman Whiteside gave a blunt assessment of the result.
Former star Rio Ferdinand also sent out a tweet which summed up how he felt at being left so miserable by United’s loss.
Next week United face Liverpool at Old Trafford and could fall eight points behind them.
Jurgen Klopp’s side beat Watford 5-0 earlier in the day with the type of cohesive attacking performance which just seems beyond United right now.
The coaching staff had the international break to come back with a refreshed game plan and instead came back looking as disjointed as ever.
The defensive mistakes and sloppiness was still there, and United lost the midfield battle, with the call to bring in Harry Maguire failing to work out positively.
Next up United face Atalanta at Old Trafford in another must-win Champions League game, with confidence low.
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw