Manchester United dominated our way to a win over a lacklustre Sheffield United on our return to Old Trafford.
Anthony Martial scored a hat-trick as United won the game 3-0, with two assists from Marcus Rashford and one from Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
It was a complete performance and puts us five points ahead of the Blades, and moves us within just two of Chelsea, who host City tomorrow night.
Jamie Redknapp was Sky Sports’ studio pundit covering the game. He told Sky Sports: “Excellent. Scintillating at times. United were so good.”
“Fernandes and Pogba were impressive in midfield. They were very good.”
Even Graeme Souness had some kind words about United, although it was a little bit of a backhanded compliment.
He said of Martial. “He’s class. We know he’s class. Sometimes he doesn’t seem interested but he was tonight.”
Rio Ferdinand and Gary Lineker were among the former footballers to comment on Twitter during the game, praising United.
United could have won by a lot more, and eased up with 15 minutes to go as we made five substitutes at once.
This was a glimpse of what can be possible if we hold onto Paul Pogba next season. This team is growing, and the future is exciting.
Sheffield United were poor, but we made them look bad, dominating possession and barely giving them a chance.
Up next is a FA Cup quarter-final against Norwich City on Saturday.
- It’s deadline day for Manchester United: Or is it?
- A Phil Jones sale this summer would be a mini-miracle for United
- Six Manchester United selection dilemmas for FC Copenhagen quarter-final
- Sancho’s reported desire to sign for United makes deal even more important to conclude
- Solskjaer says Paul Pogba has been doing extra training at United
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Marcus Rashford ahead of quarter-final
- What next for Dean Henderson at Manchester United as Blades eye alternatives?
- Smart loan move could see Manchester United’s Tahith Chong blossom in two positions
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival