Odion Ighalo just gets it. He has made no secret of the fact he is a United supporter and it’s clear to see it’s genuine.
From his passionate interviews talking about his move to the club, to his performances on the pitch, Ighalo looks delighted to be here.
He came off the bench in Sunday’s 2-0 win over City and his brief performance earned praise from fans.
The Nigerian was effective in holding the ball up and helping United to keep possession at a critical point in the game, which ultimately led to us scoring a second goal.
Scott McTominay’s strike prompted wild celebrations in the stands and on the pitch.
Ighalo looked ecstatic and responding to a supporter this morning he said he got ‘over excited’.
There was only one way this could have been better for Ighalo and that is if he had scored the winner himself.
He has three goals so far since joining on loan from Shanghai Shenhua and is hoping to earn a permanent move.
If it doesn’t happen, then he is determined to enjoy his fairytale loan move as much as possible. And who blame him?
- Bryan Robson believes Anthony Elanga emergence will “spur” Manchester United star on
- Harry Maguire talks up 'amazing' Manchester United teammate
- 'Big champion': Manager praises 'disillusioned' Manchester United ace following agonising loss
- Manchester United loanee tipped to have big impact in title race by Sky pundit
- 'All the talent in the world': Maguire challenges Manchester United wonderkid to kick on