Di’Shon Bernard made his second league appearance of the season for his loan club Hull City today.
The Manchester United loanee made his league bow last weekend in a tricky test against Fulham.
This week, a home clash against Bournemouth lied in wait and Bernard started the match.
He played the entire 90 minutes as Hull earned a 0-0 home draw with a resolute defensive performance.
Only one Hull player made more than his two clearances, and he also made a block and an interception.
He wasn’t afraid to get stuck in, making two successful tackles and a further three fouls.
Bernard made more passes than any Hull player on the pitch, and that caught the eye of some watching fans:
Finding his feet
Bernard’s first two matches today had not been as positive.
On his debut, he missed the crucial penalty in an EFL Cup defeat. Then there was the defeat to Fulham last week.
Today Bernard started to show Hull fans what he’s all about on his home league debut.
The key now is to keep his place in the side and string together performances on a consistent basis.
Hull fans are clearly keen to see more of him and if he keeps playing like this, he’ll be a fan favourite in no time.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo