Manchester United’s search for a first trophy since 2017 continues tonight.
It is the first leg of the Carabao Cup semi-finals against Manchester City at Old Trafford, with the tie kicking off at 8pm.
Here is a look at how United line up for the fixture, with the team now confirmed:
Starting XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Jones, Lindelöf, Williams, Fred, Andreas, James, Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood
Substitutes: Romero, Dalot, Matic, Martial, Chong, Gomes, Mata
This is Phil Jones’ first appearance since the draw at Bramall Lane, in which he was substituted at half-time.
Harry Maguire failed a fitness test after getting injured against Wolves on Saturday. The £80 million man sent a message urging fans to get behind the team.
Nemanja Matic drops to the bench, while Jesse Lingard returns from illness.
Anthony Martial is only among the substitutes too, giving Mason Greenwood the chance to start in his first ever derby.
The stage is set
City have had a good record at Old Trafford against us under Pep Guardiola.
The most recent meeting was a 2-1 United win at The Etihad just last month, where Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both scored.
That provides belief United can beat the reigning Carabao Cup holders tonight and set up a lead to take into the second leg.
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United