How Manchester United line up against City
Manchester United’s search for a first trophy since 2017 continues tonight.
It is the first leg of the Carabao Cup semi-finals against Manchester City at Old Trafford, with the tie kicking off at 8pm.
Here is a look at how United line up for the fixture, with the team now confirmed:
Starting XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Jones, Lindelöf, Williams, Fred, Andreas, James, Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood
Substitutes: Romero, Dalot, Matic, Martial, Chong, Gomes, Mata
This is Phil Jones’ first appearance since the draw at Bramall Lane, in which he was substituted at half-time.
Harry Maguire failed a fitness test after getting injured against Wolves on Saturday. The £80 million man sent a message urging fans to get behind the team.
Nemanja Matic drops to the bench, while Jesse Lingard returns from illness.
Anthony Martial is only among the substitutes too, giving Mason Greenwood the chance to start in his first ever derby.
The stage is set
City have had a good record at Old Trafford against us under Pep Guardiola.
The most recent meeting was a 2-1 United win at The Etihad just last month, where Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both scored.
That provides belief United can beat the reigning Carabao Cup holders tonight and set up a lead to take into the second leg.
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United