Dean Henderson has been joined at Manchester United by his international teammate Jadon Sancho.
In an interview with the club website, Henderson suggested Sancho has wanted to make the move since last summer.
He’s thrilled with the new arrival, who is set to be followed up by Raphael Varane from Real Madrid.
“Jadon’s a great guy, I’ve got a lot of time for Jadon,” he said. “It was more just speaking to him to try and get him to come to the football club.
“He didn’t take any persuading because he already had it in his head last summer obviously. I’m happy that it’s over the line for him and I hope he can bring his talent onto the pitch here and show everyone what he can do.
“He has got everything and he’s still a baby really. It’s just so exciting to see. I can’t imagine where he’ll be in the coming years.
“You could put him in the category of the best [in the world] if he fulfills his potential.”
Henderson has seen Sancho up close
Henderson’s glowing endorsement should excite United fans.
He’s got the skill and personality to be a huge success at Old Trafford for the next decade.
If Sancho turns into one of the best players in the world at United, he’ll have been well worth the season-long wait.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact