Manchester United youngster Hannibal was awarded the man of the match award in Tunisia’s latest Arab Cup game.
Hannibal started in the number 10 role as Tunisia took on United Arab Emirates.
Tunisia won the game 1-0 after scoring an early goal. Hannibal played 83 minutes and was given an ovation by fans when he was substituted off.
Hannibal posed with the man of the match award after the game as Tunisia celebrated reaching the knockout stages.
Hannibal has been impressive
Tunisia qualified top of the group with wins over UAE and Mauritania sandwiching a defeat to Syria.
Hannibal provided an assist in his country’s 5-1 win over Mauritania to kick off the tournament.
The tournament in Qatar is the first ever FIFA Arab Cup and it is providing Hannibal with a chance to play regular competitive football after a season in Manchester United’s under-23 team, which had been stunted by a two-month spell out injured.
When the tournament is over, Hannibal will look to return and try and force his way into Manchester United’s new look side under Ralf Rangnick.
If Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata are moved on in January, then a squad spot could open up for the talented youngster.
A loan move will be under consideration too, and there won’t be any shortage of interest in Hannibal from clubs domestically and abroad. His performances at the Arab Cup will help attract potential suitors.
Hannibal’s Tunisia will find out their quarter-final opponents later this week, with the group stages yet to be completed.
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall
- Rangnick says Cristiano Ronaldo has a new injury and issues fitness latest on Scott McTominay
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Manchester United starters vs West Ham