Gary Neville reacts to Manchester United's win over Brentford
After a poor first half, Manchester United were a different team in the second against Brentford.
United were inventive and ruthless in attack, racing into a 3-0 lead before the Bees pulled back a consolation.
This time United held onto claim all three points, a vital boost to the club’s top four hopes.
Former United star Gary Neville reacted to United’s victory, and noted how all three goalscorers came through the club’s academy.
Anthony Elanga, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford were all on the scoresheet.
After United’s first goal was scored through Anthony Elanga, Neville described him as United’s top performer on the night.
Bruno Fernandes provided two assists during the win, with Fred creating the other goal – the third game in row he has had an assist.
The only downside for United on the night was Tottenham coming back to win against Leicester 3-2 with two late goals. Antonio Conte’s side could be United’s top rivals for a top four place.
United’s next game is against West Ham at Old Trafford on Saturday, and the team now have a little more confidence, winning a first league match of 2022 at the third attempt.
- Portugal international waiting on offer from Manchester United as Barcelona make move
- Manchester United eye cut-price move for £32m Champions League winner to partner De Jong
- 17-goal wonderkid, La Masia graduate: 3 FA Youth Cup winners Man Utd should loan out this summer
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'