Franck Kessie sends message to Manchester United star
Eric Bailly got it all wrong as he tried to cut out a cross seven minutes into the Manchester derby.
Bailly failed to stop the delivery as he intended and sliced the ball into his own net.
United lost the game 2-0 and Bailly was substituted at half-time as the team shifted formation.
Bailly sent a message to supporters expressing his disappointment at how the derby went, to which he received plenty of support.
Former United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah, and current United players Tahith Chong and Amad left supportive acknowledgements on his post.
Ex Arsenal defender Johan Djourou also sent Bailly some encouraging words, expressing how difficult it can be for a player to perform at their peak, having been out of the side for so long.
AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie also had a message for his international teammate, which read: “great strength to you great champion.”
The positive words will help Bailly process the setback, which comes right after a strong display against Atalanta in which he was the team’s best defender.
The problem is that United are so erratic right now with poor defensive play from the full-backs, that the centre-backs are increasingly exposed, whoever is playing.
Bailly will still be needed over the upcoming weeks with Raphael Varane out with injury until early December.
He will now link up with Ivory Coast and Kessie for their upcoming international games and hopefully return to United healthy.
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put
- 'Could be good for United'… French expert says £19m star could thrive under Ten Hag
- £35m star's possible Manchester United move spells trouble for two Red Devils stars