Who is reported Manchester United target Dominik Livakovic?
Reports at the end of last month claimed Manchester United have been scouting Dominik Livakovic.
The Sun report the goalkeeper could cost United around £20 million.
Here is a look at five facts about the potential signing…
- Livakovic plays for Dinamo Zagreb where he is under contract until 2024. He has kept 55 clean sheets in 109 appearances for the club.
- The 24-year-old is now Croatia’s number one goalkeeper. He started in their win over Dan James’ Wales in June.
- Livakovic has saved eight penalties of 33 faced in his career, a 24 per cent success rate.
- French side Montpellier tried to sign Livakovic this summer, L’Equipe reported, but were unsuccessful in their pursuit despite at one point believing a £9 million move had been agreed. Croatian outlet HR also claimed he was wanted by Porto as a replacement for Iker Casillas.
- Livakovic’s Dinamo Zagreb are back in the Champions League this season for the first time since 2016, when they lost every game. He is coming to Manchester as he has been drawn in City’s group, along with Atalanta and Shakhtar Donetsk.
Would Livakovic be a good signing?
There will be calls for United to add a new goalkeeper if David de Gea leaves, despite Dean Henderson and Sergio Romero remaining options next season.
If United cash in on De Gea in January, then it would make sense to bring Livakovic in then, especially before his transfer value could rise at Euro 2020.
At 24, he is a little bit older than Henderson and Joel Pereira and his best years are still ahead of him. He is a lot more likely than a £108 million move for Jan Oblak.
His form in the Champions League will be worth keeping an eye on, particularly his performances against City. If he can shut them out, then that might persuade United to push ahead with a potential move.
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'
- Long-serving Manchester United academy coach set to leave as behind the scenes changes continue
- 'We are going to win trophies'… Manchester United star optimistic about silverware next season
- 5 free agents Manchester United could sign this summer including Rangnick's international DM and '£85m' Italy striker