Last season Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford combined to score 45 goals in all competitions for United.
While Martial has taken a significant step backwards this season with just seven goals, a new partnership is inspiring United.
Rashford and Bruno Fernandes are on their way to hitting new heights and it is exciting to see how they keep adding to their goal tallies on a weekly basis.
The pair have 40 goals combined now and it is only late-February. Fernandes has 22 and Rashford 18.
How many could they end up with?
It’s a certainty both players will combine for more than the 45 Rashford and Martial reached last season. It’s probable they will surpass 50 goals combined.
There are 13 Premier League games remaining, plus a minimum of one FA Cup match and three Europa League games left.
In 16 games minimum it is more likely than not that Fernandes and Rashford will combine for 10 goals between them, taking them above 50.
And if United go further in the cup competitions there will be an extra two FA Cup matches, and another five Europa League games on top, should Solskjaer’s side go to the final in each.
Rashford was putting up these kind of numbers last season before he got injured and that was one reason he was held back a year ago.
Now he is getting the chance to play out a full season and has Fernandes as a helping hand.
Fernandes has 12 assists already this season, while Rashford is contributing in that department too, with nine in total himself.
Other players are chipping in too, with Scott McTominay on eight goals and Dan James up to five.
And there is still so much more to come from Martial, Edinson Cavani and Mason Greenwood.
We have been saying that for a little while now though, and it is Fernandes and Rashford who keep on producing. You wouldn’t bet against them slowing down any time soon.
- Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
- Dean Henderson has now kept five clean sheets in a row
- Fernandes sends message to Dalot after first league goal for Milan
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Pep Guardiola praises United’s display
- Solskjaer says Shaw and Martial nearly did not start against City
- United fans react to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s performance