Fans react as Jesse Lingard is ruled out of Norwich game
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Jesse Lingard will miss Manchester United’s game with Norwich tomorrow due to illness.
As per the club’s official website, he used the pre-match press conference to say: “Jesse’s illness has got worse and so he won’t be available. Apart from that, we’re getting players back.”
Lingard was anonymous during Wednesday’s 3-1 humbling at home to Manchester City, hooked at half time for Nemanja Matic.
That followed up another abject display against Arsenal on New Year’s Day, at a ground where he has traditionally performed well in the past.
Lingard is yet to record a league goal or assist this season from nine starts and a further nine substitute appearances (WhoScored).
His poor form, as well as his recent association with Mino Raiola, has intensified calls from supporters to offload the academy graduate.
His absence from the Norwich clash has done nothing to quell that enthusiasm and we’ve put together some fan reaction to Solskjaer revealing the England international would miss the match at Old Trafford.
- 3 radical decisions Erik ten Hag should consider to get Manchester United back on track
- Manchester United look to accelerate 24-year-old's departure to reunite Ten Hag with 17-time international
- Manchester United wonderkid set to become 7th Reds youngster to join Championship side on loan in PL era
- Guillem Balague says Cristiano Ronaldo departure from Manchester United being worked on
- Manchester United prepared to wait until deadline day to sell 28-year-old on permanent deal