Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Jesse Lingard will miss Manchester United’s game with Norwich tomorrow due to illness.
As per the club’s official website, he used the pre-match press conference to say: “Jesse’s illness has got worse and so he won’t be available. Apart from that, we’re getting players back.”
Lingard was anonymous during Wednesday’s 3-1 humbling at home to Manchester City, hooked at half time for Nemanja Matic.
That followed up another abject display against Arsenal on New Year’s Day, at a ground where he has traditionally performed well in the past.
Lingard is yet to record a league goal or assist this season from nine starts and a further nine substitute appearances (WhoScored).
His poor form, as well as his recent association with Mino Raiola, has intensified calls from supporters to offload the academy graduate.
His absence from the Norwich clash has done nothing to quell that enthusiasm and we’ve put together some fan reaction to Solskjaer revealing the England international would miss the match at Old Trafford.
- Luca Ercolani makes comeback for under-23s one year after ACL tear
- Rumoured Pereira and Garner exits make it important United sign new midfielder
- Why it may be bad luck which forces Manchester United’s transfer hand
- Solskjaer was right about ‘exceptional talent’ Anthony Martial
- Ethan Hamilton finds new club after Manchester United release