If you had not seen Ethan Galbraith’s goal for Manchester United’s under-23 team on Monday night, the young midfielder wanted to make sure as many fans as possible could.
Galbraith shared the video on his Instagram page to his 65,000 followers, his first non-sponsored post since November.
The goal was an absolute rocket Paul Scholes would have been proud of, struck first time. So no wonder Galbraith wanted to show it off…
The goal drew United’s under-23s level against Derby at 2-2, and from there the team went on to win 6-2.
It was an outstanding piece of technique from Galbraith to score the goal, with the way he kept his foot angled right to arrow his shot into the net.
Galbraith was making his first appearance in a month, having been sent off in a defeat to Tottenham following a skirmish between the two sides. This led to him missing three subsequent games.
The goal was just Galbraith’s third of the season, and it was by far the most spectacular.
Not the only player with a highlight to share…
Debutant Omari Forson scored one goal and provided two assists in a lively display as he stepped up to the under-23s.
The 16-year-old also shared a video of his goal, which came courtesy of an assist from Shola Shoretire.
United’s under-23s have just one more game left, against the same opponents as Monday night.
The team face Derby again this coming Monday, looking to consolidate a solid fifth place in the table after a testing campaign.
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return
- Solskjaer says Martial and James not ready to start v Fulham
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training
- Who is reported Manchester United target Mauro Arambarri?