Ethan Galbraith missed Doncaster's win at Sunderland due to calf problem
Manchester United loanee Ethan Galbraith missed Doncaster Rovers’ win at Sunderland as he continues to struggle with a calf injury.
After losing 5-0 at home against the League One leaders Rotherham in midweek, Gary McSheffrey’s Doncaster pulled off a huge upset by beating the managerless Black Cats 2-1 at the Stadium of Light yesterday.
Galbraith came on at half-time in the 5-0 drubbing against Rotherham, but the two-time Northern Ireland international missed out altogether against fellow promotion chasers Sunderland.
The 20-year-old missed the win having been advised to the rest the issue which he initially picked up during the clash with Wigan Athletic last month.
McSheffrey also revealed that the United academy graduate is set to miss Tuesday’s game with Ipswich Town at the Eco-Power Stadium.
The niggling injury means that the midfielder will miss out on a reunion with Manchester United’s former first-team coach Kieran McKenna, who is now the manager of the Tractor Boys.
Speaking to local newspaper Doncaster Free Press about Galbraith, McSheffrey said: “Ethan has still got that niggling calf problem.
“When I spoke on Thursday, it was fine. But he reported it to the physio after training.
“He’s spoken to his physios at Manchester United and he feels about a week off will do him the world of good.
“That’s what the plan is so I think he’ll miss Ipswich as well.”
Galbraith will hope to return for next weekend’s trip to Portsmouth. Yesterday’s win against Sunderland means McSheffrey’s side, who still sit bottom of League One, are now eight points away from safety with 16 league games to be played.
- Potential £40m signing should signal end of Harry Maguire captaincy at Manchester United
- Jurrien Timber sends message to Tyrell Malacia after Manchester United move confirmed
- 'Very exciting player'… Manager thrilled to snap up 21-year-old after Manchester United release
- Picture: Frenkie de Jong 'likes' agent's post on Tyrell Malacia confirmed Manchester United transfer
- Manchester United could move for free agent replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, Ten Hag reportedly likes him