Eric Bailly sends assurance with injury update
It wouldn’t be an Eric Bailly appearance without an injury scare
Bailly was wiped out by Dean Henderson at the end of the first half when the goalkeeper came to clear a high ball.
Bailly was left face down in the turf and the medical staff rushed on, and took a groggy looking defender to the sidelines.
After taking a minute to assess the options, manager Eric Bailly threw on captain Harry Maguire, who was on the bench in case of emergency as a promise of a rare night off proved no such thing.
Bailly sent a message after the game to reassure fans he was fine.
Solskjaer was more cautious, telling the club website Bailly would go for a scan
United have an away game against Burnley on Tuesday night so there is not much recovery time available. Then there is the trip to Anfield.
Bailly will probably be available for both games, but United will likely be cautious against Burnley. He could be back on the bench as he was controversially in midweek.
While any game Bailly plays is an injury risk, it was fair to question why he started this game and not the City match in midweek just gone.
It was nice to briefly see a Bailly and Axel Tuanzebe partnership, although it is no surprise it lasted only 44 minutes.
Tuanzebe came through the 90 and he is now back in the mix for Premier League game time too.
- Report: Manchester United reach agreement in principle to sign former Manchester City youngster
- Manchester United set to lose race to sign £55m wonderkid according to Romano
- 3 things we learned about Erik ten Hag from Manchester United’s opening game
- 'Leading option'… Manchester United make move for Juventus midfielder as De Jong alternative
- £31m Manchester United star has big part to play despite Ten Hag opening day snub