Edinson Cavani is preparing for the Copa America with Uruguay after serving an international suspension.
Cavani sat out the early June World Cup qualifiers after he was sent off for Uruguay earlier in the Conmebol group.
Uruguay missed Cavani badly. They drew both matches against Paraguay and Venezuela 0-0.
Cavani is now all systems go for the Copa America which will be held in Brazil.
Cavani has been a real find for United, underlined in our season review of his campaign, looking back on his highs and lows of an eventful 2020/21.
The veteran ended the season with nine goals in his last 10 games and will be looking to take this form into the Copa America.
Uruguay have won the Copa America a joint second highest seven times, but the last of these came in 1995, 10 years before Cavani made his professional debut.
Cavani’s Uruguay begin the Copa America against Argentina on Saturday, before matches against Chile, Bolivia, and Uruguay.
It would be great to see Cavani lift the trophy – but really United supporters just want to see the striker return to Old Trafford in full health ready for the 2021/22 season.
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position
- Former Leeds fan favourite spotted wearing Manchester United shirt
- Three reasons Manchester United should avoid Sergio Ramos signing
- Manchester United swapping Pogba for Ronaldo would not solve the main problem
- Manchester United’s Hannibal Mejbri can return from international duty a different player
- Scotland fans go crazy for Scott McTominay after performance against England
- England v Scotland: Two Manchester United stars have scored for Three Lions v Scotland in last 25 years