Edinson Cavani is preparing for the Copa America with Uruguay after serving an international suspension.
Cavani sat out the early June World Cup qualifiers after he was sent off for Uruguay earlier in the Conmebol group.
Uruguay missed Cavani badly. They drew both matches against Paraguay and Venezuela 0-0.
Cavani is now all systems go for the Copa America which will be held in Brazil.
Cavani has been a real find for United, underlined in our season review of his campaign, looking back on his highs and lows of an eventful 2020/21.
The veteran ended the season with nine goals in his last 10 games and will be looking to take this form into the Copa America.
Uruguay have won the Copa America a joint second highest seven times, but the last of these came in 1995, 10 years before Cavani made his professional debut.
Cavani’s Uruguay begin the Copa America against Argentina on Saturday, before matches against Chile, Bolivia, and Uruguay.
It would be great to see Cavani lift the trophy – but really United supporters just want to see the striker return to Old Trafford in full health ready for the 2021/22 season.
- Joe Hugill scores first Manchester United academy goal since February in EFL Trophy win
- Villarreal star reacts to David de Gea’s Manchester United penalty save
- Solskjaer confirms Anthony Elanga ‘will be involved’ against West Ham
- Varane hails United teammates Pogba, Ronaldo and Maguire
- Telles outlines United ambitions as he nears injury return
- Williams struggles to contain in-form winger and former United target
- Anthony Martial faces uphill task to break into United starting line-up amid exit reports
- Should Phil Jones be given a rare start in the Carabao Cup vs West Ham?
- Cristiano Ronaldo leads the Premier League in shots per game and Juventus numbers show it is sustainable
- United loanee Dylan Levitt praised by manager for making impact in crucial victory