Edinson Cavani has shared the first footage of himself wearing Manchester United colours since the end of last season.
Cavani is still not back in full training with the squad following his summer exploits at the Copa America.
The Uruguayan was wearing United shorts, as he posted a video of himself doing extra training ahead of his return.
Cavani didn’t get a pre-season at all ahead of his first campaign with United, after arriving on deadline day.
This summer, he will get more time to work with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad, but not much longer.
He is due to return to United training next week. That means he’ll have missed all of the pre-season friendlies before the big kick off against Leeds on 14 August.
“Hopefully they’ll be fit when they come back in with us,” said Solskjaer to the club website about Cavani and Jadon Sancho.
“They’re due to come in after the weekend. There are different circumstances as to why they haven’t joined us yet, but it’s a long season and they had to have a little more time off.”
But Cavani is clearly doing extra work before his return to ensure he comes back in the best possible shape.
He is super-fit and the consummate professional, so you’d expect him to be ready to hit the ground running.
Cavani made a major impact in his debut United season, with less than ideal preparations.
With a year in English football under his belt and being more settled at the club, limited pre-season training shouldn’t impact Cavani too badly this time around either.
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho