Diogo Dalot has been pictured training with new loan club AC Milan for the first time.
After making just one Premier League start in 2019/20 due to a combination of injury and selection decisions, Dalot needed this loan move to get his career back on track.
He signed with AC Milan on loan for the season shortly before the transfer deadline.
After featuring for Portugal’s under-21 side on international duty, Dalot is now getting settled in Italy.
The fixture list throws up a big start for Dalot at AC Milan as he gets his loan spell started.
On Saturday his AC Milan side take on Inter Milan at the San Siro, where Dalot could face former United teammates Romelu Lukaku, Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez.
Days later he will return to the UK in the Europa League when AC Milan travel to face Celtic.
It’s uncertain if Dalot figures to start in either of these games, but if he does get an early opportunity, they are great games to make an early impression.
Milan have made a promising start to the season with three wins from three games as one of just two teams to do so at the top of Serie A.
Dalot made one appearance this season for United, a start in the 3-0 away win over Brighton.
This loan potentially provides a larger platform for the 21-year-old to show what he is capable of.
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Tahith Chong
Werder Bremen (season)
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- James Garner
- Andreas Pereira
- Max Taylor
Kidderminster (until January)
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until end of season)
- Jake Carney
- Ethan Laird
MK Dons (Jan to end of season)
- Manchester United U18s return to action with dramatic 4-3 win against Blackburn
- Liverpool tie looks like Odion Ighalo’s last chance to play for Manchester United
- Pellistri and Diallo have versatility to both ultimately start together for United
- Donny van de Beek can prove he is ready for Manchester United superstardom this weekend
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United