Diallo targets Premier League title win with United
Amad Diallo has his sights set on trophies with Manchester United.
The new arrival from Atalanta wants his time with the Red Devils to be a long and productive one.
Diallo was unveiled this week after his protracted move from Atalanta finally went through.
He has been speaking to the club website about his move and his ambitions.
Asked what he wants to achieve, Diallo responded: “
“I’m a little bit too anxious to say this given it’s just the start [of my time here] but my dream is to win the Premier League and the Champions League with Manchester United. That is my aim and goal.“
United may be out of the Champions League this season but we are already looking well placed to qualify for next year’s competition.
As for Premier League success, Diallo’s words strike a chord because United sit top of the table and could move six points ahead of Liverpool this weekend.
The young winger will train with the first team although his first action is expected to be with the under 23s.
Diallo added: “
To be honest I cannot wait, I’m so excited at the prospect of working with these fantastic people at such a great club. This adventure is about to start and I’m really, really excited and over the moon.“
If he can make a positive early impact with the early under-23s, he could be fast tracked into the first team squad.
United need a lively winger with Diallo’s qualities, and while the teenage sensation is still a raw prospect, he can offer something a little different. It is great to finally have him on board.
Amad Diallo: Player profile
- Breakthrough star
Diallo made his first team debut for Atalanta in 2019/20. He has one goal in his three Serie A appearances.
- Five years in Italy
Diallo was born in the Ivory Coast, moving to Atalanta in 2015 after impressing on a trial.
- Right wing dynamo
Diallo’s record at youth level is impressive. Last season he scored seven goals and provided 11 assists for Atalanta’s academy, which included a strike against Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League.
- Champions League debut
Diallo made his Champions League debut for Atalanta in 2020, impressing in a substitute appearance against Midtjylland.
- 4 chances created from 18 touches: £35m Manchester United target continues to dazzle
- Manchester United 'really confident' of sealing fourth summer signing, says Romano
- Ten Hag says Manchester United's players did not do what he asked against Brentford
- 'I cost three points'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for 4-0 loss
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United's 4-0 defeat to Brentford
- 6 things we learned as Manchester United lose 4-0 to Brentford
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Brentford: McTominay axed
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped