Cristiano Ronaldo pictured training at Carrington ahead of trip to Aston Villa
Cristiano Ronaldo has been pictured training at Carrington ahead of Manchester United’s trip to Aston Villa on Saturday.
The 36-year-old missed Monday night’s FA Cup win against Aston Villa at Old Trafford with a ‘minor muscle problem’.
But the Portuguese international was back training with his teammates today ahead of Saturday’s clash at Villa Park.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has featured in every Premier League match since re-joining the Reds in the summer.
United’s number seven will be targeting a place in Ralf Rangnick’s starting line-up as we face Steven Gerrard’s side for the second time in the space of six days.
Harry Maguire, Phil Jones and Jadon Sancho also returned to training to give Rangnick and the rest of the squad a big boost ahead of the game against the Midlanders.
The Red Devils will be looking to get back to winning ways in the Premier League after losing 1-0 at home to Wolves last time out.
Gerrard’s Villains will be targeting revenge after getting knocked out of the FA Cup, and following the signings of Phillipe Coutinho and Lucas Digne, United could face a stern test.
Villa won the reverse fixture at Old Trafford in September when Kortney Hause scored a late header. Bruno Fernandes had a chance from the spot to rescue a point, but he blazed his effort over the bar.
- Long-serving Manchester United academy coach set to leave as behind the scenes changes continue
- 'We are going to win trophies'… Manchester United star optimistic about silverware next season
- 5 free agents Manchester United could sign this summer including Rangnick's international DM and '£85m' Italy striker
- 'He delivers'… Steve McClaren is a huge fan of 25-year-old Manchester United midfielder
- 'Every detail'… Erik ten Hag says he has a 'good feeling' about Manchester United