Cristiano Ronaldo breaks silence after United's Manchester derby defeat
Cristiano Ronaldo has posted on Instagram for the first time since Manchester United’s derby defeat.
Ronaldo usually uploads messages after games, even following poor results and performances.
The 2-0 loss against Manchester City was the first time this season that he hasn’t.
Ronaldo said he is happy to be on international duty with Portugal.
Translated, his message read: “Good morning, it’s always extra happiness when I’m back in my country.”
Like all of United’s players, Ronaldo is under pressure and scrutiny right now.
That is something he is used to and he will be happy to use the international window for a break from it.
Portugal have games coming up against the Republic of Ireland and Serbia in the days ahead.
Few would bet against Ronaldo scoring against one or both of those sides as Portugal round off their World Cup qualification campaign.
That game at home to Serbia looks like it will be crucial, with the winner likely claiming top spot in Group A.
Ronaldo has a habit of stepping up on the big occasion and he will relish the challenge of getting his side to another major tournament.
- Star says Manchester United transfer is dream move, wants to work with Ten Hag for years
- James Garner sends message after first training session under Erik ten Hag
- 3 Manchester United players who will improve without Cristiano Ronaldo
- Ralf Rangnick may have already told Manchester United fans the reality of the Ronaldo situation
- Manchester United have just pulled off the signing of the summer