Conor McGregor says he wants to buy Manchester United, what is his net worth?
As if this week could not get any crazier, Conor McGregor has signalled an intent to throw his hat into the ring to own Manchester United.
There are question marks hanging over the Glazers’ future after Ed Woodward’s decision to quit the club, reported by The Guardian among others.
It follows the angrily received Super League proposals, which have drawn widespread condemnation.
Now, MMA legend Conor McGregor has suggested he may be interested in buying the club.
McGregor is a United fan
McGregor was quoted by the club website in 2019 stating: “I was more a player than a watcher back then, but Manchester United was my team.
“I was attracted to the success and winning mentality of the club and people surrounded by United. Irish legends like Denis Irwin and Roy Keane were dedicated to their craft and had that winning mentality
“Then they had the don of football at the helm, the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson. To have that much success over such a long period is remarkable and something I continue to aspire to. And he did it by nurturing youngsters into stars and not by spending and spending and spending like some of these other managers.”
What is his net worth?
Talksport reports McGregor is worth approximately £100 million.
This won’t be enough to buy Manchester United. But he could look to partner up with a second party, and be the face of it.
Would it be a good thing to have McGregor in charge? Well, who knows. He has no experience in running a football club and probably is not a very safe option.
The Glazers will be looking for a higher price than he can offer, but after their disinterested tenure, anybody would seem like a better option.
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer
- Manchester United offered chance to sign star Ten Hag sold for £23.8m