Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named Manchester United’s starting XI to face Istanbul Basaksehir.
Starting XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles, Fred, Van de Beek, Rashford, Fernandes, Martial, Cavani
Substitutes: Grant, Henderson, Fosu-Mensah, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Williams, Matic, James, Mata, Pellistri, Greenwood, Ighalo
Five substitutes are permitted to feature as per rules of this season’s Champions League.
Paul Pogba is injured and does not make the bench and nor is Scott McTominay, but Mason Greenwood does feature, with new signing Facundo Pellistri also among the substitutes.
This is the first time Edinson Cavani, Donny van de Beek and Alex Telles all start together.
United lost 2-1 in Turkey to lose momentum after two victories over Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig.
United still sit top of the group, but it is important to register a victory here.
The next match is at home to PSG, and positive results in both matches can seal qualification before the final group game away at Leipzig.
- Solskjaer praises Diallo’s training performances once again
- After Phil Neville lands Inter Miami job, son Harvey provides first United u23 assist
- Hannibal Mejbri shows a touch of class in under-23s defeat
- United fans hope Diallo could feature this week after u23 absence
- Three players Manchester United were lucky to avoid in the summer
- United fans react to Anthony Elanga’s impressive under-23 performance
- Manchester United must fix right wing problem, says Gary Neville
- Rashford and Fernandes need United teammates to step up
- United must give Donny van de Beek a chance to shine against Liverpool next week