Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Tottenham
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named the Manchester United line-up he is backing to deliver a much-needed response against Tottenham.
United have confirmed the starting XI to face Tottenham this evening.
Starting XI: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw; McTominay, Fred, Fernandes; Cavani, Ronaldo
Substitutes: Henderson, Bailly, Dalot, Van de Beek, Matic, Lingard, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwoord
You can see how the team Solskjaer has selected compares to our predicted line-up here.
The big news is that Solskjaer looks to have changed formation to a 5-3-2 system.
Raphael Varane has returned from injury and lines up in the back three alongside Victor Lindelof and captain Harry Maguire.
Edinson Cavani gets his first league start of the season and plays up front alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.
The midfield duo of Scott McTominay and Fred keep their places in the side, but will hope to get more protection this week.
Solskjaer needs this swap to make United less open and harder to play through.
The last time United switched to a back three, they went crashing out of the Champions League at the hands of RB Leipzig.
United have had a free week to work on the system but they need to master it and not look like a team who have been thrown together.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'