Manchester United interim manager Ralf Rangnick has named his starting line-up for this evening’s rearranged Premier League clash against Brentford.
The Reds takes on the Bees at the Brentford Community Stadium with the game, which is live on BT Sport kicking off at 8pm.
Here is how United line-up…
Confirmed XI: De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Telles, McTominay, Fred, Fernandes, Greenwood, Elanga, Ronaldo.
Substitutes: Heaton, Henderson, Jones, Maguire, Matic, van de Beek, Mata, Rashford, Martial.
You can see how the line-up compares to our predicted XI here.
This will be our first meeting against Brentford since 1947 and the first game between the two sides in the Premier League.
Our first top-flight trip against Thomas Frank’s men was originally scheduled for 14 December, but the game was postponed following a Covid-19 outbreak within the Reds’ squad.
The two sides did play out a 2-2 draw in pre-season at Old Trafford with Anthony Elanga and Andreas Pereira getting the goals for the Red Devils.
United could leapfrog Antonio Conte’s Tottenham with a win, but only if Spurs fail to beat Leicester City who kick off at 7.30pm tonight.
We could end the night in fifth place and two points off the Champions League places, but we would have to beat Frank’s side by a five goal margin to climb above Arsenal.
After losing against Wolves and squandering a two-goal lead at Villa Park, Rangnick’s Reds will be targeting a return to winning ways in the Premier League.
- Director plays down ‘speculation’ over Manchester United talks with £80m ace
- Cristiano Ronaldo ‘likes’ Manchester United star announcement
- Mason Mount best position: How he impacts Bruno Fernandes
- Early deal for £40m star is perfect way for Manchester United to approach striker dilemma
- The perfect player to solve Manchester United’s away record could be signed this summer