Manchester United interim manager Michael Carrick has conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s trip to Stamford Bridge.
United face Chelsea in what will be Carrick’s first Premier League match in charge.
The briefing was streamed at 1.30pm on United’s official app and Carrick was asked for a fitness update ahead of the game.
He said that Fred picked up an injury in Tuesday’s 2-0 win against Villarreal and could miss Sunday’s clash.
Carrick said: “We’ve got two or three different little issues where we’re waiting. It’s never ideal. You want a full squad to pick from.
“There is one or two that we’re kind of waiting on. Luke took a bang on the head, we’re assessing him and we’ll make a call on how he is.
“Fred twisted his ankle. He managed to carry on and see the game out, which is pretty incredible. He played a big part in us winning.
“We’ll have to see how that works out. We’ll be strong and look forward to the game.”
Fred was impressive in the midweek win and Carrick paid tribute to him after that victory.
His energy and pressing will be important against Chelsea, especially if United setup in the same way they did against Villarreal.
United sat off and played on the break in Spain and the gameplan may not be too dissimilar on Sunday.
It seems United will need to make a few late fitness decisions on Fred, Luke Shaw and the other unnamed players who are struggling with niggles.
- Confirmed Manchester United starting line-up against Nottingham Forest
- Jadon Sancho pictured arriving at Old Trafford for Manchester United semi-final second leg
- How many transfer windows Phil Jones has now survived as a Manchester United player
- Rio Ferdinand responds to Paul Merson over Marcel Sabitzer criticism
- Can Marcel Sabitzer play in the Europa League? Eligibility and suspension explained