Bruno Fernandes has welcome Raphael Varane to Manchester United.
United confirmed a fee has been agreed for Varane earlier this evening.
Fernandes returned to training today (Tuesday) and he was delighted to top off a perfect day with a new arrival.
United are paying a fee of £34.2 million to sign Varane plus add-ons, BBC Sport reported.
When will we see Varane?
Varane is in the process of finalising his move. He needs to fly to Manchester and quarantine and then undergo a medical.
He could only link up with his new teammates next week.
The requirement to quarantine means it is unlikely Varane will be putting in a surprise appearance when United face Brentford at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.
Fernandes will be there but is unlikely to play as he has had just one day of training. He will make his pre-season comeback against Preston at the weekend.
Donny van de Beek could make his first appearance of the summer against the Bees, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website. The match will be United’s first home friendly of the summer.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss
- Manchester United’s three best players against Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- De Gea and Mata send supportive messages to Bruno Fernandes
- United fans react to Dalot’s substitute appearance in Villa defeat
- Solskjaer comments on VAR, Shaw and Maguire after Villa loss
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to Aston Villa
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Solskjaer comments on Henderson’s display against West Ham
- Solskjaer backs Sancho to overcome slow start to his United career