It is time United get a move on now. Will this be the week Bruno Fernandes signs at Old Trafford?
The Mail report United have made an offer, of £50 million plus bonuses.
The bid was reportedly made after the meetings between United and Sporting officials on Friday.
The paper add Fernandes has told Sporting he wants to join United.
Portuguese newspaper O Jogo reported on Friday that Sporting were looking for a fee of £59.5 million for Fernandes.
We have gone from very sceptical when the news first broke on Friday, to now being really optimistic and excited.
Fernandes is a player United should have signed last summer, and the decision not to was a clear mistake.
United are lucky to get a second chance, and have to take it.
It would be a lot better if United just bid Sporting’s asking price straight up, but negotiations usually take time. The report does not specify the total amount the bonuses make up.
Sporting are said to be mulling over United’s offer, and may push for a deal involving a Red Devils player heading their way in part exchange.
If a deal can be done quickly, then there is a chance Fernandes could even be in United’s side to face Liverpool next weekend.
Lets cross our fingers this bid can get the job done.
- Manchester United’s three best players against Tranmere
- Five lessons learned from Manchester United’s 6-0 demolition of Tranmere
- Manchester United are right to keep options open over Henderson’s future
- Should United let James Garner go out on loan?
- Are more injuries around the corner for Manchester United?