Bruno Fernandes really is a Manchester United player.
Already he embodies the never say die spirit associated with the club.
He scored an injury time penalty to give United a dramatic 3-2 win over Brighton.
Brighton had equalised moments earlier, appearing to have denied United a win.
Fernandes sent this message to supporters on social media after the game.
This is the type of win which will help build spirit at United, and kickstart our season.
As Fernandes rightly acknowledges, it was not a great performance from the team by any stretch.
But to get the win was crucial, and sometimes winning ugly is a trait you need.
This was Fernandes’ first goal of the new season, and he also picked up an assist, his second of the campaign.
Next up is a trip to Brighton in the cup, and then Tottenham at home next Sunday.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw 0-0 with Chelsea
- Manchester United’s three best players in draw against Chelsea
- Charlie McNeill scores brace on competitive under-18s debut as Noam Emeran shines
- Joel Pereira’s latest loan spell is doing him no favours so far
- Manchester United’s three best players in U23 win over Everton
- Manchester United fans react to Facundo Pellistri’s under-23s debut
- Tuanzebe could prove Manchester United don’t need Upamecano when they clash
- Facundo Pellistri features as Manchester United U23s secure dramatic late win
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Chelsea