Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after semi defeat
Bruno Fernandes has now tasted semi-final defeat three times as a Manchester United player.
The latest came at home to Manchester City in the Carabao Cup this week, with United losing 2-0.
United were second best all over the pitch and failed to test goalkeeper Zack Steffen, with Fernandes the only player to land a shot on target.
Fernandes waited until this evening to compose his thoughts and express his disappointment.
Fernandes knows the drill by now, unfortunately. Write a few nice words, express sorrow, promise to do better next time.
Combine the semi-final losses with the defeat in a crunch Champions League game to Leipzig, and concerns mount over the club’s inability to win when it really matters.
Discounting quarter-finals and earlier knockout ties, the only must-win game game in the past year United have come out on top in was the away victory at Leicester on the final day of last season.
Solskjaer told the club website he did not believe this latest loss was a result of a psychological block, which may be correct, but there is a chance that the effects of this defeat will build a bigger mental challenge for the next opportunity.
United have a huge game away at Liverpool in just over a week’s time. If the team can go on to record a memorable victory at Anfield, it will wash away some of the disappointment of this loss, although there will be plenty of work still to do.
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag
- De Gea and McTominay lead reaction as Manchester United goalkeeper celebrates reaching Wembley
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled