Bruno Fernandes stepped up to score Manchester United’s equaliser from the penalty spot against Tottenham.
The Portugal international was ice cold as he sent Hugo Lloris the wrong way to earn a point.
He nearly got the chance to do it again when a second penalty was awarded, before it was overturned via VAR.
Fernandes was United’s best player among those who started the game, with substitute Paul Pogba running him close.
Pogba won the penalty after Eric Dier brought him down after he dribbled past him.
Fernandes posted the following message to his Instagram page after the match. He is already looking ahead to the next challenge.
Some time ago, United may have been content to go away to another top side and leave with a point.
But this team are trying to foster a winning mentality, and that means being disappointed with every draw.
It is positive to keep up our unbeaten run, and if Chelsea lose their game this weekend, this could become a point gained, but we shall see.
United were not clinical enough and gifted Spurs a goal through individual errors. We need to get better in the upcoming games, with Sheffield United at Old Trafford up next on Wednesday.
- Can Mason Greenwood make it to 20 goals this season?
- Manchester United fans react to reports Matic has signed new deal
- Antonio Valencia a free agent again after LDU Quito contract terminated
- Assessing Manchester United’s defensive options after Lindelof injury scare
- Nemanja Matic reported to have agreed new contract extension
- Axel Tuanzebe must put injuries behind him to excel at Manchester United
- Manchester United fans react to Fred’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against Bournemouth
- Robin van Persie reacts to Mason Greenwood’s performance