Manchester United fans are waiting anxiously for positive progress over Bruno Fernandes.
O Jogo’s editor in chief Filipe Dias has told Sky that Fernandes is very keen on a move.
Dias said: “United is a club that Bruno Fernandes really likes in England, it’s a club that he really wants to play for.”
Fernandes scored his 13th and 14th goals of the season last night for Sporting in an away win over Vitoria Setubal.
He is a player who would solve United’s biggest problem of creativity and a lack of goals from midfield.
United’s highest scoring midfielder is Dan James with three, and he has not found the net since August.
This is a deal which United simply have to get over the line. It feels so close this time.
Fernandes’ reported desire to get his switch makes everything easier.
It is up to United now to come up with a financial package which meets Sporting’s demands, which on the face of it – 70m Euros say Sky – sound very reasonable.
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after win
- Six things we learned as Manchester United beat Brighton 3-2
- Hannibal Mejbri shows quality in under-23 defeat
- Why Manchester United should consider bargain Todibo bid