Manchester United fans are waiting anxiously for positive progress over Bruno Fernandes.
O Jogo’s editor in chief Filipe Dias has told Sky that Fernandes is very keen on a move.
Dias said: “United is a club that Bruno Fernandes really likes in England, it’s a club that he really wants to play for.”
Fernandes scored his 13th and 14th goals of the season last night for Sporting in an away win over Vitoria Setubal.
He is a player who would solve United’s biggest problem of creativity and a lack of goals from midfield.
United’s highest scoring midfielder is Dan James with three, and he has not found the net since August.
This is a deal which United simply have to get over the line. It feels so close this time.
Fernandes’ reported desire to get his switch makes everything easier.
It is up to United now to come up with a financial package which meets Sporting’s demands, which on the face of it – 70m Euros say Sky – sound very reasonable.
- Manchester United’s three best players against Tranmere
- Five lessons learned from Manchester United’s 6-0 demolition of Tranmere
- Manchester United are right to keep options open over Henderson’s future
- Should United let James Garner go out on loan?
- Are more injuries around the corner for Manchester United?