Bruno Fernandes' message to Manchester United fans was far shorter this week
Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes came in for criticism for his reaction to missing a penalty against Aston Villa a week ago.
Fernandes wrote a long, two-page note on Instagram expressing his regret and determination to put it right.
The message seemed over the top (like his spot kick) and was criticised by Gary Neville on social media as ’embarrassing’.
This weekend saw another result fail to go Manchester United’s way.
United could only draw 1-1 with Everton, and Fernandes seemed to follow Neville’s advice.
A frustrated Fernandes kept it simple on social media after the draw, which felt more like a defeat.
That wasn’t it. Fernandes spoke to MUTV after the game and gave a more eloquent, in-person reaction to the defeat, per Neville’s advice.
He said: “We played really well in the first half, creating a lot of chances. In the second half, we made a mistake.
“We have to learn and the time is now. We cannot do this anymore. We did it so many times, we cannot slow the game down when we’re winning. We have to make it quicker, score once again, get one or two more goals and after that, maybe you can slow it down and make them run a bit more.”
Fernandes also admitted to an error for Everton’s goal, stating that his corner which sparked the counter attack was ‘really bad’.
But this time he spoke about it rather than post an apology on social media. As far as Neville’s comments are concerned, that’s progress.
- 6 Manchester United players we are most excited to see on pre-season tour
- Manchester United's potential second summer signing not expected on plane that departs for pre-season tour
- Manchester United submit £51m bid for six-time international that Ten Hag is desperate to sign
- Embarrassing: Harry Maguire 'liked' Cristiano Ronaldo post 'in error'
- Manchester United should have learned in 2019 that appeasing Ronaldo just won't be worth it
- Potential £40m signing should signal end of Harry Maguire captaincy at Manchester United
- Jurrien Timber sends message to Tyrell Malacia after Manchester United move confirmed
- 'Very exciting player'… Manager thrilled to snap up 21-year-old after Manchester United release
- Picture: Frenkie de Jong 'likes' agent's post on Tyrell Malacia confirmed Manchester United transfer