Bruno Fernandes’ penalty was the difference between Manchester United drawing at Tottenham, or slipping to defeat.
The Portugal international was clinical from 12 yards, to net his fourth goal in a United shirt, with many more ahead.
In doing so, Fernandes kept up United’s unbeaten run, which now stretches back to mid-January. He does not know what it is like to lose as a United player.
BBC Sport report how Fernandes has become the first new Manchester United signing since 2011 to go unbeaten through his first 10 matches.
The last player to do so? It was Phil Jones, who had the luxury of signing for United while Sir Alex Ferguson was still in charge.
How long can it keep going?
The fact the record has stood this long says a lot about the inconsistency at United since Fergie’s departure.
And in truth, we have lacked a player who has the perfectly balanced combination of character and talent as Fernandes does.
He has made a big difference to a United team which was crying out for a leader in midfield.
The fact the majority of this record was set while Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba were out injured too, is testament to the rest of the squad too, who have all played their part.
As for how long it can keep going, United can only take it one game at a time, beginning with tonight’s match with Sheffield United at Old Trafford.
But it should be noted that looking at the fixtures, the only top six side we face after this is Leicester away on the last day of the season.
In the league it is possible we go all the way through. Add in a cup run too, where if we stay unbeaten, it will end with silverware.
- What next for Dean Henderson at Manchester United as Blades eye alternatives?
- Smart loan move could see Manchester United’s Tahith Chong blossom in two positions
- Three United players who would be impacted by Sancho’s potential arrival
- 10 years after failed Manchester United move, Adem Ljajic is linked with another Premier League club
- Dan James could be a Manchester United fringe player next season and that is no bad thing
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v FC Copenhagen
- Who is reported Manchester United target Alex Meret?
- Reaction to report Tahith Chong loan could be two-years long
- Manchester United may have played a masterstroke over Chris Smalling