Bruno Fernandes breaks social media silence to celebrate win
Bruno Fernandes was fed up of apologies and so were Manchester United fans.
The Liverpool game was a horror show and no words would have been able to accurately convey how hurt and embarrassed Fernandes was by the loss.
His apologies had begun to lose impact too. United fans want action, not words. Against Tottenham, the supporters got what they wanted.
United beat Spurs 3-0, keeping a rare clean sheet and winning with three different scorers getting involved.
Fernandes was thrilled to have a victory to celebrate. And it prompted his first Instagram post since October 21, three days before the Liverpool game.
Key part of United’s win
It would not have been a surprise if Fernandes had been left out of the line-up to face Tottenham.
Jesse Lingard needs game time and the balance of United’s team had been all wrong.
Instead it was Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood who dropped out, with Fernandes retaining his place.
Fernandes justified his selection with a fantastic assist to set up Cristiano Ronaldo’s winning goal.
It came just after Sky Sports had posted a graphic pointing out his supposed dip in form since Ronaldo’s arrival.
Fernandes now has four goals this season and seven assists.
He was involved in the move for United’s second goal too, which saw Ronaldo set up Cavani for his first of the season.
In total he made three key passes, more than any United player.
Keeping quiet on social media over the past week was a smart move from Fernandes.
He let his football do the talking against Tottenham.
- 'Really good': Erik ten Hag says he has been impressed by 'high potential' Manchester United player in training
- 7 Manchester United players could make first appearance against Manchester City for Red Devils
- Pep Guardiola hails 'incredible' Manchester United player as well as 4 Red Devils midfielders
- Ten Hag press conference: Manchester United star doing 'really well' in training, could come into team vs City
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's strongest XI on FIFA 23, top scorer and two Ten Hag favourites miss out
- 'Technical ability is frightening': Teammate raves about player Manchester United let go this summer
- 'It was ready'… Manchester United star visited Real Madrid ahead of potential transfer, says former agent
- Manchester United star has already proved he was right to snub £17m City move, now he must show them
- Manchester United star thrilled to win award he did not know existed
- Opinion: Ten Hag must be considering brave call to start 20-year-old in Manchester derby
- One year since his worst Manchester United moment, 23-year-old is at career high point