Manchester United moved up into third position in the Premier League on a mixed night in the Premier League.
While the end result and league position looks good courtesy of Chelsea’s defeat at Liverpool, United could only manage a draw at home to West Ham.
This means United are only ahead of Chelsea on goal difference, and just one point ahead of Leicester, who we face on the final day away from home.
Bruno Fernandes was one of United’s more disappointing players in the draw, playing at a level which was far from his best, even though he created two chances.
The Portuguese ace is still unbeaten in the Premier League, and sent a message after the match, voicing his desire for United to get a good result on the final day of the season.
Fernandes highlighted that United’s fate is still in our own hands, and the players recognise this as an opportunity.
After conceding a penalty in the first half, United had to fight back after the break.
Mason Greenwood scored the vital equaliser after clever interplay with Anthony Martial.
This was a milestone appearance for the young forward, who amazingly is on his 50th game for the club already.
After two disappointing home draws against Southampton and West Ham, Manchester United are pretty fortunate to head into the final day with our Champions League fate still in our own hands.
But this is what happens at this late stage, teams drop points, and the fatigue from playing so many games in a closely concentrated timeframe has begun to catch up with the players.
All we ask is that United have one last push and avoid defeat on the final day at Leicester.
The team has worked so hard to get back into this position, and to sit third after 37 games is an achievement after the tough season we have been through.
We just hope it is not a meaningless one, because it is only the position after 38 games which really counts.
- Partizan manager speaks on Stevanovic’s value amid United speculation
- Three reasons Manchester United should consider Said Benrahma move
- United would reportedly prefer to loan Dean Henderson abroad
- Why it is only a matter of time before Cristiano Ronaldo is offered to United
- Stevanovic indicates Manchester United move is happening
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Sevilla
- Who is reported Manchester United target Filip Stevanovic
- Have United made an expensive miscalculation over Sancho?
- Europa League glory would be pivotal for United
- Mason Greenwood sends message to James Garner