Manchester United moved up into third position in the Premier League on a mixed night in the Premier League.
While the end result and league position looks good courtesy of Chelsea’s defeat at Liverpool, United could only manage a draw at home to West Ham.
This means United are only ahead of Chelsea on goal difference, and just one point ahead of Leicester, who we face on the final day away from home.
Bruno Fernandes was one of United’s more disappointing players in the draw, playing at a level which was far from his best, even though he created two chances.
The Portuguese ace is still unbeaten in the Premier League, and sent a message after the match, voicing his desire for United to get a good result on the final day of the season.
Fernandes highlighted that United’s fate is still in our own hands, and the players recognise this as an opportunity.
After conceding a penalty in the first half, United had to fight back after the break.
Mason Greenwood scored the vital equaliser after clever interplay with Anthony Martial.
This was a milestone appearance for the young forward, who amazingly is on his 50th game for the club already.
After two disappointing home draws against Southampton and West Ham, Manchester United are pretty fortunate to head into the final day with our Champions League fate still in our own hands.
But this is what happens at this late stage, teams drop points, and the fatigue from playing so many games in a closely concentrated timeframe has begun to catch up with the players.
All we ask is that United have one last push and avoid defeat on the final day at Leicester.
The team has worked so hard to get back into this position, and to sit third after 37 games is an achievement after the tough season we have been through.
We just hope it is not a meaningless one, because it is only the position after 38 games which really counts.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United
- Manchester United set to resume training